Do you want to opt HOMEMADE SHAMPOO instead of normal one’s. Follow these easy-peasy tips to revolutionize your HOMEMADE SHAMPOO and make it more effective and customized as per your hair types.
In this article you will get an organised formula of preparing homemade shampoo for different types of hair weather you want shampoo for oily hair, for dry hair, for normal hair, for frizzy hair or you are having in between hair type. You can customise your homemade shampoo at home very easily, according to you.
Also Read: Skinkraft Honest Review
Also Read: Best Glutathione Skin Whitening Soap
Shampoos which are being sold in the market are user friendly, means are very easy to use and you see the results instantly by dint of chemicals present in them. We go in the market and buy shampoos without knowing about it’s ingredients and their effects or side effects. And these chemicals in long run give you unhealthy, broken, weak and grey hair in early age because of the side effects of them.
Before applying the shampoo, it’s very important to know about the ingredients, their efficacy and how it’s going to work on your hair and scalp. Here is a complete explanation about the ingredients which you are going to use in the making of your homemade shampoo. So let’s get started:
Preparation of Ayurvedic HOMEMADE SHAMPOO
5 Customized Homemade Shampoo For All Hair Types
1. Amla Homemade Shampoo For Grey Hair
Ingredients to prepare homemade shampoo for grey hair
- 50 grams Amla (1 Amla having Vitamin C equal to 4 kg of oranges). Prevents premature greying of hair. Soak it for overnight.
- 50 grams shikakai, its natural mild cleanser. Soak it overnight.
- 50 grams reetha, soak it also for overnight.
Method to prepare homemade shampoo for grey hair
- Put all three ingredients in an iron pan
- Add 4 glass of water
- Let it boil on sim flame
- As it starts boiling foam will also start producing.
- Let the gas sim so that the foam could not get out of the pan
- Boil it for minimum 30 to 40 minutes.
- Now let it cool,
- Wear gloves in your hand and squeeze all the ingredients with your hand,
- Take out all the pulp present in this mixture and remove the hard portion from it.
- Now strain this shampoo mixture with the help of a Malmal cloth and a strainer.
- Transfer this shampoo in a bottle and store it in your refrigerator.
- Always wear gloves whenever you are going to prepare, or applying this shampoo otherwise your nails will get black.
- Do not prepare this Ayurvedic homemade shampoo for more than 2 months.
- You have to store it in refrigerator so that it does not lose its natural properties.
- If you have applied oil in your hair then you have to add your normal shampoo to cleanse it. Because this shampoo is very mild and it cannot remove all the oil from your hair so a little bit your normal shampoo is required for oily hair.
2. Aloe Vera Homemade Shampoo for dry hair (and for oily hair)
This Aloe Vera homemade shampoo is very effective weather you are having dry or oily hair. It hydrates the scalp and hair. Aloe vera contains so many minerals and phytonutrients which penetrate the scalp and reaches to the hair follicle and give them strength and lusture.
Aloe vera also works as a conditioner and makes hair smooth and silky.
Ingredients To Prepare Aloe Vera Homemade Shampoo For Dry Hair
- 1/4 cup Aloe vera juice
- 1/2 cup Pearly concentrate premix shampoo base
- 2 Vitamin E capsules
- 1/2 spoon almond oil (skip oil for oily hair)
- 4 drops lavender fragrance oil (helps to remove itching and dryness)
- 1/2 cup filtered water
Method to Prepare Aloe Vera Homemade Shampoo For Dry Hair
- Take a bowl put 1/4 Cup aloe vera juice.
- Now add pearly concentrate shampoo base
- Squeeze 2 vitamin E capsules in this mixture
- 1/2 spoon almond oil, mix it well.
- Now add 1/2 cup filtered water
- Mix all the ingredients. If it’s looking slightly thick you can add more filter water in it.
- Now see the texture, if it is ok like normal shampoo neither too much thick nor very flowy at this stage add 4 drops of lavender fragrance oil
- Mix it well
- Now you can add any colour if you want coloured shampoo. I advice to skip adding colour, as colours are chemicals and let it be organic and natural homemade shampoo.
- Now transfer your this mixture into your bottle to use.
- Skip your normal shampoo for good results as it is enough to clean your hair and scalp.
- Skip almond oil if you are having oily hair types.
- You can store this homemade shampoo for up to 2 years.
3. Hibiscus Leaves Homemade Shampoo- Specially For Dried, Dull and Damaged Hair
Hibiscus is a good cleanser it easily washes your hair and scalp. Hibiscus leaves make your hair more soft, silky and shiny. It also controls dryness of hair and gives extra hydration and nourishment to scalp as well as to hair too.
Ingredients for Hibiscus homemade shampoo
- 10 leaves of Hibiscus plant
- Two spoons aretha powder
- 2 Cup filtered water
Method to prepare Hibiscus homemade shampoo
- Wash Hibiscus leaves and squeeze in filtered water
- Boil it for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Rest for one hour to let all nutrients come out from leaves
- Now in another bowl take two spoons of aretha in one cup of water boil it on a SIM flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Now add Hibiscus mix in it and again boil it for another 4 to 5 minutes
- Let it cool strain it with the help of a strainer
- Transfer your homemade shampoo in a glass jar or bottle (for oily hair you have to add green tea extract in this mixture).
- You have to take this shampoo in more quantity in comparison to the normal shampoo as it is natural.
- Before applying form leather in a mug then pour on your hair and rub gently.
- If you have applied oil then you have to take your normal shampoo to remove the greasy oil.
4. Chemical Free Protein Homemade Shampoo
Ingredients for chemical free protein homemade shampoo
- 50 grams Amla powder
- 100 grams Reetha powder
- 50 grams shikakai powder
- 50 grams flax seeds
- 50 grams crushed rice powder.
- Filtered water
Methods to prepare chemical free protein homemade shampoo
- Take 4 glasses filtered water,
- Add Amla, shikakai, flaxseed, Reetha and crushed rice powder
- Mix them all and make sure there should be no lumps.
- Put it on flame and boil it on a medium sim flame till then the water quantity remains up to two glasses.
- Now it will become thick let it cool.
- Strain it with the help of a strainer, store it in a glass bottle.
- Don’t forget to wear gloves whenever you are going to apply this shampoo otherwise your hands and nails will become dark.
- Strain this shampoo mixture twice so that it remain smooth in texture and easily rinse from the hair.
- This homemade shampoo will last up to two months.
- Store it in your refrigerator.
Hibiscus flower homemade shampoo for Shiny and bouncy hair
Hibiscus is a good cleanser it easily washes your hair and scalp. Hibiscus petals make your hair more soft, silky, bouncy and shiny. It also controls dryness of hair and gives extra hydration and nourishment to scalp as well as to hair too.
Ingredients for Hibiscus flower homemade shampoo
- 10 Hibiscus flowers
- 10 Hibiscus leaves
- Plain filtered water
Method to prepare Hibiscus flower homemade shampoo
- Take Hibiscus flower, remove it’s stigma and separate the Petals,
- Now take Hibiscus leaves
- Wash petals and leaves with plain water
- Add two cups of filter water
- Now crush petals and leaves with your hands for 7 to 10 minutes,
- Now colour of water will change by leaching the colour from petals and become slightly greasy.
- Strain this mixture with the help of strainer and remove all the precipitate of petals and leaves from it
- You get the shampoo. Store it in a container and keep it in your fridge.
- Apply all over your scalp and leave it for 20 minutes and wash with plain water your hair will become soft, Shiny, bouncy and healthy.
- You have to take more quantity of this homemade shampoo in comparison to your normal one.
- If you have applied oil on your hair, you have to clean oil with your normal shampoo as this is very mild but healthier for the overall health of your hair and scalp.
- Store it in refrigerator.
- Prepare for maximum two months at a time.
Also Read: Skinkraft Honest Review
Also Read: Best Glutathione Skin Whitening Soap
Easy-Peasy Tips to Revolutionize Your Homemade Shampoo
- Add some honey in your Homemade Shampoo – if you’re having frizzy hair.
- If you’re having greasy hair – add 6-7 drops of lemon juice before applying.
- For itchy scalp – add few drops of essential oil like lavender, rosemary, tea tree etc.
- If you’re having dry hair – add few drops of oil like almond oil, olive oil or coconut oil.
- Apply rice starch to your Scalp and hair strands still end and leave it for 20 to 30 minutes just before going to shampoo. It will give extra Shine and smoothness as well as strength to your hair.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Is homemade shampoo good for hair?
Ans. Yes, homemade shampoo is obviously a good option as you know about the ingredients you put in. Whereas in your readymade chemically Harsh shampoo sold in the market you never know what things are added to them and it harms your hair. On the other hand homemade shampoo gives you tremendous benefits like healthy, strong, volumetric, Shiny, silky, smooth and bouncy damaged free hair.
Q2. What can I use instead of shampoo to wash my hair?
Ans. There are five types of homemade shampoo preparation methods explained in this article. You just go through and opt one as per your hair types and you can use that shampoo instead of your normal shampoo to wash your hair.
Q3. Can I make shampoo at home?
Ans. Yes, you can make homemade shampoo at home very easily following few steps mentioned above.
Q4. How long can a homemade shampoo last?
Ans. You can store homemade shampoo for upto 2 to 3 weeks at normal temperature. But if you keep it in your refrigerator then you can use it for up to 2-3 months.